en English
Edit Content

Dependent Visa

A Dependent Visa is needed when a dependent spouse and unmarried dependent children under the age of 18, may accompany a sponsor who holds either a valid visa, e.g., employment, investment, student (depends on the nature), or who has already attained permanent HK residency to apply for dependent visas.


Under the current immigration policy, dependent visa holders are free to work, study or set up their own business.

The age limit for unmarried dependent children should be under 18, and the age limit for dependent parents should be 60 or above. Only permanent residents are allowed to sponsor dependent parents.

If a mainland Chinese marries with a person who has permanent residence in Hong Kong, he/she cannot apply a dependent visa. He/she has to apply single entry from Mainland China to be able to stay in Hong Kong.

Documents Required

  • The applicant’s application form, Application for Entry for Employment as Professionals in Hong Kong (ID 990A) with Part B duly completed by the dependent.
  • The dependent’s recent photograph (affixed on page two of the application form ID 990A).
  • Copy of the applicant’s passport.
  • Supporting documents to prove the applicant’s relationship to the sponsor e.g., marriage certificate, birth certificate, family photographs, family letters (with envelopes), census record book and Privilege Card for Single child (if applicable).

We Offer A Variety of Services and Solutions to Ensure That You Can Migrate with Ease.

Got A Question?

Inquire Now

Want to know more about our services?

About Us

Chandrawat & Partners is a leading full service firm. We provide a wide range of high quality consulting services to domestic and international clients. With a strong network of professional advisors worldwide, we have a wealth of first hand experience and expertise in providing effective solutions to the complex issues.

Chandrawat & Partners uses cookies to run our site and improve its usability.

By using our site you agree to our use of Cookies.