en English
Edit Content

Student Visa

International students accepted by recognized Hong Kong universities, private and local schools whether full time/short term or exchange program should apply for student visa.


  • The applicant is admitted to a private school registered under the Education Ordinance or Post-Secondary Colleges Ordinance.
  • An Applicant takes up studies in a full-time locally-accredited post-secondary program including short-term course or part-time locally-accredited taught postgraduate local program.
  • An applicant is admitted on exchange in full-time locally-accredited local programs at sub-degree level for not more than 6 months or on exchange in full-time locally-accredited local or non-local program for not more than one year at undergraduate or above level.
  • An applicant is enrolled in a full-time course on the register of non-local higher education or professional courses as set up under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance.
  • An applicant is from the age of 5 years and 8 months to 11 for primary education.
  • An applicant is below the age of 20 for secondary education.
  • The applicant holds a school acceptance letter to confirm that the applicant has been accepted for a course of study.
  • The applicant is able to meet the fees for the course, the living expenses for the applicant’s maintenance and accommodation without working and without recourse to public funds.

Documents Required

  • An application form ID 995A with the applicant’s signatures.
  • An application form ID 995B with the sponsor’s signatures.
  • Copy of the applicant’s passport.
  • Copy of acceptance letter from the applicant’s school.
  • Proof of your financial condition. Proof of scholarship funds, bank statements, passbooks, etc.
  • One passport sized recent photograph.
  • If the applicant is under the age of 18: One of your parents should authorize the sponsor or his/her relative/friend in the HKSAR to be your guardian with a consent letter duly signed.
  • You must produce a photocopy of proof of your accommodation arrangements.
  • Sponsor institution will have to submit: An undertaking that the sponsor will provide accommodation to the applicant during his/her period of study in the HKSAR (if the applicant is under the age of 18).

If your sponsor is an individual, following documents in addition to the above:

  • Photocopy of the sponsor’s Hong Kong identity card.
  • Photocopy of the sponsor’s travel document (for non-permanent Hong Kong residents only).
  • Photocopy of proof of the sponsor’s financial standing, e.g., bank statements, savings account passbooks, tax receipts and salary slips, and an undertaking that the sponsor will provide financial support to the applicant during his/her period of study in Hong Kong.

Processing Time

Normally takes 4 to 6 weeks from the date of submission. Student visa holders are not allowed to work unless getting a consent from Immigration Department.

We Offer A Variety of Services and Solutions to Ensure That You Can Migrate with Ease.

Got A Question?

Inquire Now

Want to know more about our services?

About Us

Chandrawat & Partners is a leading full service firm. We provide a wide range of high quality consulting services to domestic and international clients. With a strong network of professional advisors worldwide, we have a wealth of first hand experience and expertise in providing effective solutions to the complex issues.

Chandrawat & Partners uses cookies to run our site and improve its usability.

By using our site you agree to our use of Cookies.